Monday, May 23, 2016

Owl Post #90


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.
 
Hey guys! It's been ages since I've shared an Owl Post. Moving house has really thrown me, but I'm getting there :) Got some great books to share with you that I received these past few weeks!
 
For Review:
From Harper Collins:
- Demon Road by Derek Landy
- Desolation by Derek Landy
I know Derek Landy is well respected for his series, so although I haven't read any books of his, I'm excited to give this series a go. It sounds really promising.
 
- The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight
Really dig the sound of this book and am looking forward to reading it.
 
....Thank you Holly!
__________________________
 
From Bloomsbury/Allen & Unwin:
- The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski  
Squee! I LOVE this series and I'm soooo excited about this book. Can't wait to read it and see how it all ends!!
 
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
I really adored Amy Tintera's Reboot series, so I have high hopes for this novel. I'm looking forward to reading it--it sounds just like the kind of thing I'd love.
 
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
My goodness I'm so scared and excited to read this book. The first one was beyond brilliant, but I REALLY don't want to see a love triangle so I'm hesitate to jump into this. Need to psych myself up first for what I KNOW will be an emotional and epic read ;)
 
....Thank you guys!
__________________________
 
From Pan Macmillan:
- Dirty by Kylie Scott
I've been waiting for this book ever since I first heard Kylie Scott was writing it. LOVED Stage Dive and so excited for the spin-off.
 
- The Peppercorn Project by Nicki Edwards
This book isn't my exact kind of thing, but I'm always up for something new :)
 
....Thank you Lara!
 
I Bought:
 
 - Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando
- Arrow's Hell by Chantal Fernando
I already have a copy of this book as I plan to read the series is the lead up to the Sydney Author Event where Chantal will be in attendance, but with the first book 3 for $10 at Basement Books I had to snag a hew for giveaway :)
 
- Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike
I've liked the books I've read by Aprilynne Pike in the past and have been wanting to get a copy for a while. Hope I can read it soon.
 
- The Master by Kresley Cole
I LOVED the first book in this series The Professional and I'm so happy to have finally bought a copy of the second book. Can't wait to read it!
 
 
- The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
I also have a copy of The Bone Season to read as well. The series sounds really good and I want to read it when I have a chance :)
 
- Ashes to Ashes by Melissa C. Walker
This book sounded quite promising and I really like the sound of it. Couldn't pass up a cheap book.
 
- Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh
I recently read Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series and I'm planning to read her Guild Hunter series too. I already own books 1 and 3. Just needed number 2 to be ready to kick the series off.
 
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
-  Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
I've heard so many good things about this series and I've been wanting to read it for so long. Finally decided to bite the bullet and get myself copies of the trilogy. Want to make sure I read it before I see the movie that's coming out. Oh and they look so beautiful together in hardback!
 
And that's me!
What have the owls been bringing you lately?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo