Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #58

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on.....
 
Winterspell by Claire Legrand
Releases On: Septemer 30th 2014
 
The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince . . . but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly not human. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned prince Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define. With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

Inspired by The Nutcracker, Winterspell is a dark, timeless fairy tale about love and war, longing and loneliness, and a girl who must learn to live without fear.

Thoughts:
Eeeeeeeeep! I......Am......So.....Excited......For......This......Book! I honestly don't think I have the words to describe how excited I am for this book. The Nutcracker is actually one of my favorite ever takes and the prospect to read a book inspired by it has me so excited. Personally, the cover captures me straight away, but the description has me wanting it all the more. Can't wait until September!

What do you think of Winterspell? Do you want to read it?
Oh, and what are you waiting on this week?

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I do love the cover. The look on her face and the dagger she is holding like a candle, makes me wonder what she has on her mind :D Not heard of this one. Thanks for sharing :D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo