Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #209

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on.....
 
The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen 
Releases: February 27th 2018
Nothing is as it seems in the kingdom of Antora. Kestra Dallisor has spent three years in exile in the Lava Fields, but that won't stop her from being drawn back into her father's palace politics. He's the right hand man of the cruel king, Lord Endrick, which makes Kestra a valuable bargaining chip. A group of rebels knows this all too well -- and they snatch Kestra from her carriage as she reluctantly travels home.The kidnappers want her to retrieve the lost Olden Blade, the only object that can destroy the immortal king, but Kestra is not the obedient captive they expected. Simon, one of her kidnappers, will have his hands full as Kestra tries to foil their plot, by force, cunning, or any means necessary. As motives shift and secrets emerge, both will have to decide what -- and who -- it is they're fighting for.

Thoughts:
The Traitor's Game reminds makes me think of a blend of Truthwitch, Ruined and The Winner's Curse which is not necessarily a bad thing seeing as I absolutely love all three series! YA fantasy is without a doubt one of my fave genres so I'm always on the lookout for great additions to the genre. I definitely love the sound of The Traitor's Game and will be keeping my eye out for it. 

Do you like the sound of the Traitor's Game?
What are you waiting on this week? I'd love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo