Monday, July 8, 2013

Owl Post #14


Inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox, Owl Post allows us bloggers to showcase the books we've bought, won or received throughout the week and is hosted by Brodie over at Eleusinian Mysteries. We all know that the Owl Post is the fastest way to send and receive mail and they certainly make me happy every time they drop a book off.


Hello book lovers!

I've become quite slack lately with my Owl Posts, posting them so infrequently--which is silly because I've been getting quite a few books lately. Guess life gets in the way ;) Oh, well. I'm gonna try to get them up every week from now on--hopefully I can stick to that promise.

In the mean time, check out the books I've received lately!


For Review:

From Bloomsbury Australia.....
 
- Stung by Bethany Wiggins
This book was a unexpected surprise, but it sure does sound awesome. Looking forward to getting around to reading this one at some point!
 
- Transcendence by C.J. Omololu
Another surprise but one that sounds good, none the same. Another to add to the never ending need-to-read-eventually list 
 
- The Academy: Game On by Monica Seles
More surprises, although in this case I'm not sure if this one is for me. May read it one day.
 
.....Thank you guys!
 
 
From Allen & Unwin......
 
- Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer
LOVE Brigid Kemmerer's Elementals series and I'm sooooo looking forward to the next book. Just know it's going to be to die for!
 
.....Thank you so much Lara!
 
 
From HarlequinTEEN Australia.....
 
- Ink by Amanda Sun
I've been looking forward to this book since the Harlequin Summit a few months, but I'm a bit perplexed by all the not so great reviews it's been getting lately :/ Love the concept of this one--so different. Hope it lives up to my expectations!
 
....Thank you Polina, you book goddess you!

From Pan Macmillan.....

-
Raven Flight by Juliet Marillier
As surprising as it sounds I've never actually read any of Juliet Marillier's books. I've seen them of course, for years, but I've never picked one up. I hope to do so one day in the future. This book is the second book in the Shadowfell series, so I need to get a copy of the first book first :)
 
.....Thank you guys!
 
 
I Bought:
 
 
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
- Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
- Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
- Lothaire by Kresley Cole
- Playing Easy to Get by Sherrilyn Kenyon  
As I mentioned in my last Owl Post I've been slowly making my way through the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, although I'm yet to review any of them, haha! They are a fantastic series to read though--great for someone like myself running out of good PNR books to read.
 
- The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
I really wanna read this book! It was my WOW way back and when I found out it had finally been released in paperback I HAD to get myself a copy. Now I just have to find time to read it.....
 
- Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
I've read a few of Abbi Glines books lately and love them. She writes excellent NA stories and I had to buy myself a copy of this when I attended her signing in Sydney last month to get this book signed too :D
 
- Faking It by Cora Carmack
Eeeeeee! I LOOOOOOVED Cora Carmack's Losing It and I loved Faking It! Yes, I've read this already? How could I not?!?! It was Cade's story! Review to come soon!
 
- Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
Bought this on a whim because I've been seeing it a lot lately and it looks pretty good. Plus...the author Bec McMaster is Aussie. Oh, yeah!
 
- Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole
Cole's spin of series from Immortals After Dark--seeing as I'm reading that series, I figured I needed to get this one too ;)
 
- The Mage In Black by Jaye Wells
The first book in this series is on my TBR list and although I haven't read book one, when I saw that this book was a cheap buy from Whoolies I bought it. I mean, really, it was $1. Nuff said.
 
 
I Won:
 
 
 
I was super duper, uber excited to win a copy of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey thanks to Penguin Australia and Michelle from Novels On The Run!!! This book looks sooooooooo fantastic-right up my alley, and I'm looking forward to reading it. I know so many people have given it rave reviews and I can't wait to read it for myself. Thank you SO MUCH Michelle! You are all kinds of awesome!
 
 And that's me! I would love to know what the owls dropped off for you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo