Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wedesday #26



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on....



Velveteen by Daniel Marks.....
Releases on: October 9th 2012
Add it: On Goodreads.

Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that's not the problem.

The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it's not a fiery inferno, it's certainly no heaven. It's gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn't leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what's really on her mind.

Bonesaw.

Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she's figured out just how to do it. She'll haunt him for the rest of his days.
It'll be brutal . . . and awesome.

But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen's obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she's willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.

Velveteen can't help herself when it comes to breaking rules . . . or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.


Thoughts:
This book sounds so spooky. And oh, so awesome! I think it looks like an incredibly dark and haunting tale, if the cover and premise is anything to go by. I'm so eager to meet Velveteen--a girl willing to risk so much for revenge.

What do you think of this one? Is it on YOUR to-read list? And what are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. I WANT THIS BOOK TOO! The cover is beautiful! And I love the author . . . his youtube videos are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT CHOICE, Rachel! I am absolutely dying to read this one. I love the gothic feel of the cover and the summary sounds intriguing. Definitely adding this book to my TBR! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh awesome choice Rach<3 This one's up on netgalley, but I didn't request it since I hadn't heard much about it :S But hell...it DOES sound spooky<33 Eeee! Will be adding this to TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will add this to my 'to be read' pile. Great choice Rachel.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, OK, seriously? How amazing does this sound? It looks like a goth-chic version of the Catastrophic History of You and Me! AMAZING! SO on my TBR! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Shirley, I wasnt that interested much on this book but it turns out that its going to be a spooky fun read. cant wait to read it. <3

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this one looks amazing. Heavy story line, but though provoking. Thanks for the great review! My recent find is a book by Neil Shulman and Susan Wrathall called, The Corporate Kid. The story weaves together two people from opposite sides of the track in a humorous, yet dramatic way. You can learn more about it here: http://www.thecorporatekid.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo