Monday, December 5, 2011

In My Mailbox #25


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where can share the books they bought, borrowed or received throughout the week. For more info on just what it is and how to participate, head here.

Here's what I got this week....



For Review:

From Simon & Schuster:
~
Girl Missing and Sister Missing by Sophie McKenzie: I've never actually read any of Sophie's books and I admit these are a bit out of my comfort zone, but they don't sound too bad. I might get around to reading them eventually.
(Thank-you Caroline for these books!)


I Bought:

~Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank: This is the 3rd Nightwalkers book and I must say I'm enjoying the series so far--not too bad!

I also received my ticket to the Black Hand Ball from Simon & Schuster this week! So excited to meet Becca! It's only two days away now! Be sure to check back on Thursday the 8th for my complete review of the event :)
Thank-you again to Simon & Schuster for a giving me a ticket--I'm so grateful and thankful. It's going to be a brilliant night!



That's me for this week!
What did you get in your mailbox?


9 comments:

  1. SQUEE! How exciting! It's only a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the books you got this week. I hope you enjoy them! Have fun at your event!


    Here's my IMM: http://amandalynsbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-no-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah (saz101): Have you decided if you're going or not Sarah? :)

    @Amanda: If you enjoy PNR perhaps give the Nightwalker books a try--they're pretty good. And I'm heading over to check out your IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,

    Ooo I got my ticket today too, didn't think to put it on blog, should have.

    You got a nice gig doing photos etc...that will be fun!

    I got interview so pop by and see the fun interview Becca did with me scheduled for 7th December, I got a little exclusive.

    I've not heard of Elijah, so that looks good!

    I'm taking hubby with me to our Ball, ha! no doubt I will be the oldest..oh well..not to worry. I don't really know any other bloggers for the QLD Ball. I comment on their blogs , but not really enough to know them.

    It's going to be fun though!! I have all 3 kids being looked after.

    Tim was very kind sending those signed A4's to me. Suzi who does bookmarks etc for the blog, I pay her for all the bits I put up as giveaways and I sent some stuff to Tim and Jana Oliver and they both kindly signed them all. I thought bookplates were a great idea as Tims only got VS in paperback currently out of his Kiera Hudson series all rest ebook only, so peeps can get a signed bookplate if they have bought a paperback or can win one from me.

    Send me your address via email and cause you are a big Potter fan, I will send you a bookplate signed. My email is tintinbrains@bigpond.com Suzi actually made quite a lot of bookplates as I thought Tim was going to keep some, but I have them all so I shall shoot you one over:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy!!! You received Sophie Mckenzie's books as well <3 Caroline is amazing, isn't she?
    Can't wait for your review of the Blackhand Ball!! So sad I can't go :( Maybe next time then....
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Shirley said - Caroline is amazing! <3 I've never read any Sophie books either, but I'm interested by the synopsis. And so lucky you're going to the ball!! I can't wait to read everyone's reports and how gorgeous you all look in the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh lucky girl (the ball!) that's awesome. And Girl Missing also looks great!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca is sooooo much fun!!! I just met her last month! Hope you have a ball (lol) :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Win a GLOW audiobook!

    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo