Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #4


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.



Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
Released on:
October 25th 2011
Add it: On Goodreads.

For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her older sister, Dosinia, as a siren--the highest calling a mermaid can have. When Dosinia runs away to the mainland, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her. Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily to the capital city. There she comes upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood--a dashing young man named Alandare, who belongs to a winged race of people. As Esmerine and Alandare band together to search for Dosinia, they rekindle a friendship . . . and ignite the emotions for a love so great, it cannot be bound by sea, land, or air.

Thoughts:
Mermaids? Sirens? A forbidden love? Oh, I'm soooo there!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a great cover! I've been seeing lots of water themed covers lately and they're all great,

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the chance to read this a couple weeks ago and it's lovely. Have you read her Magic Under Glass? Another wonderful fairytale. :) Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Giselle: I definatly agree there. Water based stories and covers seem to be the rage right now.

    @ Dani: Yes, I have actually, although I admit I didn't love it. I'll be reading the sequel though to see where the series goes....

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo