Sunday, July 24, 2011

Top 5 Sunday with Larissa's Bookish Life #7



Top 5 Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Larissa at Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life.
Find out more and how to participate here: http://www.larissaslife.com/p/top-5-sundays-about.html

Each week Larissa features a top 5 of something and this weeks topic is:

Favorite UF Covers!

Honestly, I don't read a lot of books from this genre; I'm only just started too. However these books are all on my to read list and the covers are to just die for!

Here's my top 5:


1. I love everything about this cover.....from the stunning woman on it to the amazing colours used to the intricate golden markings she has on her arms. It's just so incredible beautiful!


2. Man this cover is just awesome! The blue of the background really pops and the cover models pose is eye-catching. Not to mention that ultra cool snake wrapped around her that ties in with the books title perfectly and makes it all the more cooler.


3. The vibrant colours on this cover just draw my attention straight away. Plus the woman and that look in her eyes. It's like she's seeing into my soul---just awesome!


4. There's something about this cover that I really love--have from the moment I saw it. The way the light hits the girl, and that pink/purple colour in the front of her hair really stand out. Not too sure about her facial expression though......


5. The background of this book really stands out for me. It's very simply, but it almost looks like a piece of parchment (not sure if it's just me that see this, but.....) and again, it's the woman on the front. That, ready-to-take-on-the-world, fight-till-the-death pose that models often have on UF covers look for brilliant!


Hmmmm, I've noticed a patten with my picks as I type this. All my covers have pictures of strong women on the cover. You gotta love strong, independent women! Oh, and most of these gals here are red-heads, although i have no idea what's up with that. Guess it's the vibrancy of them!

~Rachel

1 comment:

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at The Rest Is Still Unwritten! I read each and every comment, even if I don't reply to them all and appreciate your interest in my blog.

Hope you have a great day and Happy Reading!
~Rachel
xoxo